After your surgery the finishing touchAlannah is an expert in areola restoration and nipple repigmentation with natural looking results.
Alannah has the artistic ability to restore and replicate natural looking areola’s. Alannah takes into consideration of the areola position, breast contour, and can create the illusion of a nipple protrusion. This 3-D tattooing for those who do not have a nipple, this technique will give an illusion of a protrusion. She also factors in the diffusion of colour on the patients own skin tone. Colour seems dark at first but colour softens with in the first few weeks. Alannah has applied her techniques to all different skin tones and ethnicities.
To see before and after pictures of aerola paramedical tattoing enter your name and email at the bottom:
What is Micro-pigmentation?
Micro-pigmentation is a procedure used to apply microinsertions of natural pigments into the dermal layer of the skin. The aim of areola and nipple micro-pigmentation is to improve the aesthetic appearance of the breast.
Who Will Benefit from the Micro-pigmentation Procedure?
This procedure is designed for people who have experienced injury, burns, breast reconstruction following mastectomy, breast augmentation or reduction:
- To create a permanent image of an areola
- To improve the appearance of the nipple
- To reduce the appearance of scarring
- To help increase your sense of well being by addressing your aesthetic concern post surgery or injury
Ask your surgeon if you are a candidate for this procedure.
How Long Does It take?
Most people require one to three treatments. Yearly follow-up treatments may be desired to maintain the pigment colour, which may fade over time because it is a natural pigment and not an ink.
What Factors May Affect the Result?
The result of micro-pigmentation is partly determined by individual skin type, but can also be affected by:
- Natural skin overtones (colour)
- Skin characteristics (dryness, oiliness, sun damage, acidity)
- Lifestyle factors, such as alcohol or smoking
- Individual healing ability
What is the Procedure for Micro-pigmentation?
After consultation with your surgeon to determine if this procedure is appropriate for you, you will meet with Alannah Lane, a Certified Micro-pigmentation Technician for your initial consultation.
During Your Initial Consultation Alannah will:
- Assess the unique characteristics of the area to be treated
- Explain the procedure
- Answer your questions
- Discuss clear outcomes based on your goals and factors that may affect the result
- Discuss pigment colour to match existing areola and nipple or determine appropriate colour if the reconstruction is bilateral
- Decide if a procedure to reduce existing scarring should be introduced before the pigmentation step
- A pigment colour will be customized as discussed in consultation
- The pigment is applied with an electronic pen that uses needles to implant colour. These needles are sterile and disposable
- The Micro-pigmentation Technician will then guide the pen along the skin, gradually building up the colour effect
- Some tingling and discomfort can be expected but the procedure should not be painful. A topical anesthetic or injection by a doctor will be applied if necessary
- When the procedure is finished, a dressing will be applied over the area
- An aftercare instruction package will be provided
Follow - Up
One month post-procedure, Alannah will assess the appearance of the area treated and may apply further pigment if necessary.
Although 100% success cannot be guaranteed, the end result will be most successful when you have clearly discussed your goals, expectations and the foctors that affect the outcome.
Future MRI and CT Scans
It is important to inform your CT and/or MRI technician that you have had micro-pigmentation treatments so that they can assess your risk for the side effects. Reported side effects include increased potential for burns on the treated skin.